There are two options for ANSLAB:
- OpenANSLAB: OpenANSLAB is available for free under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
- ANSLAB Professional: In this version, the OpenANSLAB modules are expanded and improved
Comparison between OpenANSLAB and ANSLAB Professional
The following features are available in the Open and the Professional version:
|Reflexive startle EMG||Yes||Yes|
|Electrodermal activity (EDA)||Yes||Yes|
|Pulse plethysmography (PPG)||Yes||Yes|
|Electromyography (facial or other EMG)||Yes||Yes|
|Continuous arterial pressure (Finapres)||Yes||Yes|
|Impedance cardiography (ICG)||No||Yes|
|Heart rate variablity (HRV)||No||Yes|
|Crossspectral analysis tool||No||Yes|
|Event related response analysis and statistics||No||Yes|
|Vocal response analysis||No||Yes|
|Batch processing and productivity features||No||Yes|
|ASCII file import||Yes||Yes|
|File import for VIV, EDF, CNT, EDF, BDF,VPD, ACQ||No||Yes|
To run ANSLAB your system must meet at least the following requirements:
- MATLAB 7.8 (i.e. R2009a) or higher
- MATLAB Signal Processing Toolbox installed
- MATLAB Statistics Toolbox installed
- Windows 7, Linux, or Mac OS X
Important: although ANSLAB might run well inside a virtual machine, this has not been tested and may lead to unexpected behaviour of ANSLAB.
- Internet connection (for installing, updating, license verification, and remote installation or remote support)
OpenANSLAB can be downloaded from the OpenANSLAB page.
ANSLAB Professional (version 2.51 and below)
Please consult the documentation for previous ANSLAB versions for the prerequisites and installation steps.
ANSLAB Professional (version 2.6 and above)
In order to download ANSLAB Professional you need to license the software first. Once you receive your user credentials for ANSLAB Professional follow the following instructions to download and install ANSLAB Professional:
- Download the ANSLAB installer from here.
- Once downloaded, unpack the ZIP-file to an empty folder of your choice.
- Start MATLAB and change the working directory to the folder into which you unpacked the installer.
anslabinstallerinto the MATLAB command window and press ENTER.
Important: to allow the installer to download the needed files and verify the ANSLAB license, you need an active internet connection during setup.
- In the installer dialog enter your user name and the password.
- If you want the installer to automatically add all needed ANSLAB paths to the MATLAB path, tick the respective option in the installer dialog.
- Choose the right ANSLAB version you want to download and install.
- Choose an installation folder for ANSLAB. This folder should be a newly created and empty one (e.g. „C:\Program Files\ANSLAB“). You can choose the destination folder by using the button labeled „…“ just beside the path text field.
- You may now start the installation by pressing the button „Install ANSLAB“. The installer will then download all files needed from the ANSLAB server and install them. Depending on the speed of your internet connection this may take some time (usually not more than 2 to 5 minutes).
Once the installation is completed, close the installer and run ANSLAB. Prior to starting ANSLAB the folder of the installer must be left in order to avoid conflicts between the installer and ANSLAB. If you receive any errors during the installation, please consult the the ANSLAB Documentation first (from the menu on the left select „Support -> Troubleshooting“). If the problem still persists, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org (include the problem description and screenshots of the problem).
In contrast to ANSLAB 2.51 and previous versions an activation upon the first use is usually not necessary. The respective information is already stored to your computer by the installer. However, you need an active internet connection each time you start up ANSLAB.